Parent Family Support Advisor (PFSA)
How I Can Support You
I am Lisa the Northgate Parent Family Support Adviser, I offer confidential and flexible support, advice and guidance. I know what a minefield it can be out there sometimes, my aims are to support our pupils, parents and carers and to strengthen the communication between school and home.
- I can help you with filling in referral forms, housing forms etc
- I can support you at Doctors’ appointments
- I can support towards your child’s attendance
- I can help you with getting your child to school on occasions
- I can help your child fill out their school menus
- I can be at the end of the phone when you need someone to talk to
- Offer you new ideas and strategies with your Childs behaviour at home
ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
In my role here at Northgate I am also the ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
I can help with:
- Loss and Bereavement
- Self Esteem
- Social skills
- Friendship Issues,
- Anger management
- Relaxation Techniques
How To Contact Me
Please don’t hesitate to give me a call or arrange a meeting with me. I am here to support you.
You can call me on my work number: 07984 174 075. (This phone will not be monitored during the school holidays or at the weekend)
You can also contact the school office on 01278 226070 to arrange a call back or meeting with me.
I look forward to hearing from you if you feel you would benefit from my support.
Young Somerset - Free parent/child communication course
Help with Food
The Purplespoon Cafe - Bridgwater and Highbridge
Community freezer - for anyone who needs a bit of a help, although these would need to be microwaved. We do however have a few that can be cooked in an oven (due to different packaging)
Thursday 8th Feb @ 5pm - we have a cookery demo, where people can learn from our frugal cooking community hero, Lesley (she has worked very closely with refugees and asylum seekers all over the UK and France). This may be of benefit to some parents, especially those on a low income who may not have the skills to cook meals from scratch. Also, a good event to attend to get the ball rolling regarding other sources of help available.
Tuesday 27th Feb @5.30pm
Community meal - people come along for a free meal and pay what they can. If they cannot afford it then they don't pay either, no questions asked. Vegetarian options available.
The Local Pantry Membership Scheme
This is a very successful scheme and great for those who can cook and are flexible in terms of ingredients. Link is here:
St Mary's Church
Every Thursday afternoon from 3.30pm-5.30pm St Mary's Church hold their 'Grubs Up' session where you can get a free meal and craft activities for the children.
Monday, Weds and Friday between 1 and 3 they can pop in (no referral needed - anyone can go, and no one will be turned away) and they will be given vouchers and a food parcel.
The Hub - Angel Place
10-12pm every Weds there is lunch available and meals to take away. Anyone welcome!
Information on Grief
Bright Pay App
If you are concerned about domestic abuse, we know it can be hard to find support. That’s why Bright Sky was developed.
Download Bright Sky today because you never know when you might need it to save someone’s life.
- The app is available in 5 languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi, Polish and Welsh.
- A unique UK-wide directory of specialist domestic abuse support services with contact details.
- Content to help you understand if you or someone else is at risk.
- Links to further resources and information on domestic abuse.
- Information to help you to stay safe online.